Re: [exim] only allowing certain IPs based on domain name

Author: Chuck Rock
To: 'John Cage', exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] only allowing certain IPs based on domain name
I use a local Barracuda filter and this is what I ended up with in my Exim
configuration.

I created two files, one to list the filtered domains, and the other to list
allowed IP's to accept the filtered domain E-mails from.

In my exim.conf after the other localdomains lists and stuff I added this.

hostlist barracuda_hosts = net-lsearch;/etc/barracudaip : \
net-lsearch;/etc/relayhosts

domainlist barracuda_domains = lsearch;/etc/barracudadomains

Then in the check_recipient block after 'accept hosts = :' line I added
these lines.

deny
!hosts = +barracuda_hosts
domains = +barracuda_domains
message = Please use the domain MX record

So when a new domain gets the filter treatment, I just add it to my
/etc/barracudadomains file.

Chuck