[exim-announce] Exim Development meeting instead of Exim/mai…

Author: Niall Mansfield
To: exim-announce
Subject: [exim-announce] Exim Development meeting instead of Exim/mail Conference?
The Exim Conference as planned isn't viable.
Should we organize an "Exim Development / Futures" meeting instead?

(The meeting could also include a morning of short talks, rather than
full papers, so people can find out what others in the Exim community
are doing.)

We had planned the "E-Mail Systems Conference (Exim and other mail
systems)" for April 2008, in Birmingham, UK. However, there's very
little interest: 20 people say they might attend; 3-4 people offered
talks. With these numbers, a full conference isn't viable.

On 5-Dec-2007, David Restall posted to the Exim Users list, regarding
"The next Exim release - will there be one ?" That thread indicated
that people *do* want an assured future for Exim, but it wasn't very
clear how things would move forward. So a meeting -- for developers,
and interested users -- is a good idea.

For a one day meeting the costs are about UK Pounds 100.00 per person
(+VAT), including tea, coffee, and lunch, but not including
accommodation. If a lot of people are interested, the costs will be
less.

If you're interested, please let us know *immediately": we need to
book or cancel the venue in the next couple of days.

    Niall Mansfield
    tel: +44 1223 302 041

(apologies for duplicate posting to those on multiple lists)