Re: [exim] exim4 is blocking port 80

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim4 is blocking port 80
On 02/01/2008, Phil Pennock <exim-users@???> wrote:
> On 2008-01-02 at 01:34 +0100, Tobias Marx wrote:
> > Exim4 keeps on blocking port 80.
> >
> > So I have done a cron job that execute a:
> >
> > killall -9 exim4
> > /etc/init.d/exim4 start
> >
> > every 5 minutes.
> >
> > I am looking for a cleaner solution though ;-)
>
> What do you mean by "keeps on blocking port 80"?
>
> Do you mean "Exim binds to port 80 and therefore my webserver can't"?
> Or something else?

An alternative scenario could be that the OP's web server has spawned
Exim to do a mail delivery, and that spawned Exim has inherited the
web server's file descriptors... and for some reason the Exim instance
has become long-running.

Don't know why this would 'block' port 80 (whatever that means), though.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???