Re: [exim] Making Exim does not include IPs of the original …

Author: Phil \(Medway Hosting\)
To: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [exim] Making Exim does not include IPs of the original sender....

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alejandro Lengua" <alejandro.lengua@???>
To: <Exim-users@???>
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 6:47 PM

> Most dynamic IPs from ADSL providers are in blacklists, therefore when

they
> send
> emails from my email server, their emails are bounced even if my mail

server
> is not blacklisted.
> Is there a way to make EXIM, not include the original IP of the sender?

I would be more inclined to have a look for the real reason the messages are
bouncing. I doubt VERY much that your user's mails are being blocked because
of their home IP's (unless they are in Nigeria !!). Any general use servers
blocking on that basis would be bordering on the suicidal.

If you want - try sending an email to me direct so I can see what your
server is doing that might lead mails to be bounced.

Also, if you hide the originating IP's, you are MORE likely to be blocked
rather than less likely. Look at the way people complain about Gmail. Also
if any of your users were to actually send spam, you would be blamed. If you
include the originating IP you would be more likely to be LARTed rather than
blocked.

All the best

Phil

Website Hosting from only £5.00 per month.
www.medwayhosting.com - +44 (0)1634 856965

Digital & Traditional Printing, and much more
www.medwayprint.com - +44 (0)1634 281199