[exim] auth_relay_hosts and 587

Author: Matt
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] auth_relay_hosts and 587
I am running Directadmin email/web server that uses Exim.

In my exim.conf I have this.

domainlist local_domains = lsearch;/etc/virtual/domains
domainlist relay_domains = lsearch;/etc/virtual/domains : localhost
hostlist relay_hosts = net-lsearch;/etc/virtual/pophosts :
/etc/virtual/relay_ips : 127.0.0.1
hostlist auth_relay_hosts = *

and this:

# to restrict port 587 to authenticated users only
# see also daemon_smtp_ports above
#accept  hosts = +auth_relay_hosts
#        condition = ${if eq {$interface_port}{587} {yes}{no}}
#        endpass
#        message = relay not permitted, authentication required
#        authenticated = *

I want to restrict port 587 to authenticated users and trusted users.
The pophosts file contains a dynamic list of IP's that have
successfully pop3'd mail in the last 15 minutes. The relay_ips file
contains a list of my subnets that belong to me. I want to allow all
of these and users that utilize authenticated SMTP to use port 587 and
no others on 587. Problem is that whenever I enable/uncomment this it
only allows authenticated SMTP through. What do I need to change
here?

Thanks.

Matt