Re: [exim] Exim.org move

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim.org move
Nigel Metheringham wrote:

>> Looks good! However, on
>> http://freshmeat.net/projects/lurker/?
>> branch_id=30525&release_id=151719
>> it says "New features in this version include email address
>> obfuscation"
>> ... Can that be, "turned on," please? At the moment all of our email
>> addresses are easily scrapable...
>
> They are? Where?

Err, odd. Did somebody just change this? When I looked previously at any
one of the emails the "Author:" part was a link containing the email
address in the source... Now it's not a link... It definitely was before
because I clicked on it and it opened a "New Message" window in my MUA.

> All the archived messages I can see have the domain part stripped -
> which may indeed be a problem for MTA diagnosis, but I am hoping
> thats not a major issue for the archives.
>
> I will look at adding redirects for mail-archives and pipermail.

Cool. make sure they're 301 redirects (PERMANENT) rather than 302's or
307's. It's just that there are a lot of links on google to the old
mail-archives section and if it doesn't exist anymore, there are going
to be a lot of confused people.

Mike