Re: [exim] Spam volume spike

Author: James Price
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Spam volume spike
Tony Finch wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, Ian Eiloart wrote:
>
>> You've picked out the fact that there's been an increase in attempts to
>> spoof our addresses as sender, which explains why I've had a few reports of
>> massive spam blowback.
>>

> Our users are suffering from this too :-(
>
> Tony.

I've had a huge increase in bounces from people spoofing many of my
customers' domains. Nothing new, every 3 or 6 months I get a flood of
these. I have noticed an increase in the amount of spam passing through
my filters though. Over the last few days I'd say where I'd average 2
or 3 spams in my inbox, I'm seeing 6-10. Still not bad.

Thanks,
James