Re: [exim] Spam volume spike

Author: Thomas Jacob
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Spam volume spike
On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 13:04 +0100, Ian Eiloart wrote:
[..]
> I've noticed a huge spike in spam volumes recently.

[..]
> Stats published by Cambridge show a similar trend. Have others seen a
> similar thing?

Sure, spammers seem to have massively increased their email volume
in the last 2 months, we're experiencing also between
100-200% more attempts per day if compared to the beginning
of May 2007.

This might not indicate a general trend though, could
be related to penny stock campaigns targeting moribund companies
listed on the Frankfurt exchange and German speaking "investors".