Re: [exim] [exim-announce] Exim 4.67 released

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] [exim-announce] Exim 4.67 released
On Thursday 03 May 2007 03:59, Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-04-29 at 17:02 +0200, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> > On Sunday 22 April 2007 22:23, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> > > The docs link on exim.org still gives a 4.66 doc?
> >
> > I've updated the webpages now. If I missed anything, please speak out.
>
> PLEASE make the URL to the Exim documentation stable. every time a new
> version comes out, the Google page rank is reset. in addition, nobody
> links to the documentation since the URLs will die within a year or so
> anyway. the end result is that a Google search will send people to list
> archives or shoddy howtos, and *never* the official documentation.

As Peter said, the old URLs still work. But if someone always wants to link to
the spec for the current version, they can link to
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/. I guess we could use that
URL ourselves so that people know that it exists.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)