Re: [exim] sender copy router

Author: Ted Cooper
To: exim-users @ exim. org
Subject: Re: [exim] sender copy router
terry wrote:
> I would like to set up a router to take a copy of an email sent from
> tomjones@??? to pluto@???
> Need a copy to go to pluto2@???.
> I had a look through the archives but I must have worded it wrong
> Thanks

It's brought up pretty much every week. I think it's in the FAQ.

Oh look.. it's IN THE MANUAL.
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.67/doc/html/spec_html/ch47.html#SECID245

How I have it done is to use the system filter. One company wanted all
mails sent and received to be archived so I throw it all into the one place.

Notice the aptly named filter file name.

at the top of the config file

system_filter = /etc/exim/exim.filter.spyusers
system_filter_user = exim
system_filter_group = exim

the filter file

# Exim filter
if first_delivery
and ("$h_to:, $h_cc:" contains pluto@???
and "$h_from:" contains tomjones@???)
then
unseen deliver "pluto2@???"
endif

I'm sure there are other ways to do it too. Probably with a router and
some simple conditions. Check the manual.

The filter manual:
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.67/doc/html/filter.html

Router stuff:
Chapters 15 through 22
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.67/doc/html/spec_html/ch15.html

--
What's the point of having a manual if no one reads it?
I think I've been reading this list for too long.