Re: [exim] No IP address found for host

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] No IP address found for host
On Sunday 29 April 2007 20:24, Gloria Brown wrote:
> When I attempt to send a message with rmail, /var/log/exim4/mainlog says
> that "no IP address found for host <PW>" "Look up of hos <PW> failed in
> smarthost router". [Here "<PW>" is my password]
>
> When configuring exim, when it asked for the hostname of the outgoing
> smart host, I entered:
>
> "smtp.registeredsite.com:hartford-hwp.com:<PW>"
>
> Do I have the syntax wrong here?

Looks like Debian. If so: Yes. You have entered a list of three smarthosts.
You have to edit a file to specify the password. See section 2.3
of /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/README.Debian.html for instructions In the same
file you will find information regarding the Debian-specific Exim mailing
list and wiki.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)