Re: [exim] Problems with Error 421

Author: Don O'Neil
To: 'Duane Hill'
CC: 'exim users', users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problems with Error 421
Thanks... That did the trick.

-----Original Message-----
From: Duane Hill [mailto:d.hill@yournetplus.com]
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 7:09 PM
To: Don O'Neil
Cc: 'exim users'; users@???
Subject: Re: Problems with Error 421

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007, Don O'Neil wrote:

> Ever since I upgraded to Exim 4.66 and my server load has gone up I've
> been experiencing a lot of Error 421's (disconnection errors).
>
>> From my google search it seems we may be memory/cpu/disk bound, and
>> there
> are suggestions on limiting the file size scanned, removing large
> rulesets, etc..
>
> I have searched the exim site looking for a way to limit the file size
> but I can't find anything. Can someone suggest what I need to do to my
> spamassassin transport config to limit the size of messages that are
> sent to spam assassin to 100k (or less) and send the remaining though

un-scanned.

From: Steven Dickenson <steven@???>
To: Jean-Paul Natola <jnatola@???>
Cc: users@???
Subject: Re: Spamassassin is useless

I don't know anything about Exim. However, I was able to dig this up from a
recent thread response to something from Steven Dickenson:

     ---
     Just add the following condition to your spam checking ACL.

     condition = ${if <{$message_size}{500k}{1}{0}}
     ---

So, I assume you would replace the 500k with 100k.