Re: [exim] A Record and MX Record.

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] A Record and MX Record.
On Friday 20 April 2007 18:46, Grant Peel wrote:
> I am getting alot of spam on my servers that comes directly to the A record
> of the domain, as opposed to using the MX record, which, for some of our
> domains is an off site Anti-Spam service.
>
> Is there a way to configure Exim to not allow incomming email if it does
> not match the MX record?

You're looking for

domains = @mx_any

You might want to combine this with your normal "domains = +local_domains" to
ensure that Exim won't be fooled by foreign domains listing you as their MX.
And you must of course separately accept mail from the off site anti-spam
service.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)