Re: [exim] several spamd calls in a row?

Author: Dave Lugo
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] several spamd calls in a row?
On Sun, 1 Apr 2007, Marten Lehmann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > | But I guess you are talking about something else.
> >
> > SpamAssassin spamd.
>
> exactly. I know how to give exim a list of spamd-servers. In case one or
> more of them don't work, the next one will be tried to use.
>
> But this doesn't help in my setup. At this moment, we want to evaluate a
> second spamfilter and put a second header for the spamcheck-result into
> the header of each mail. How can we do this?

My exim does multiple av tests, by specifying av_scanner as an acl
variable near the beginning of the config:

av_scanner = $acl_m6

... and then in the data acl, setting it for sophie first, and then
clamav later:

  set acl_m6    = sophie:/var/exim/dev/sophie

    (do sophie check acl)

set acl_m6 = clamd:/var/exim/dev/clamd/clamd

    (do clamd check acl)

You might be able to use the same strategy with spamd_address.

Dave Lugo   dlugo@???    LC Unit #260   TINLC