Re: [exim] Errors with Exim. Any ideas?

Author: Michael J. Tubby G8TIC
To: Mike Cardwell, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Errors with Exim. Any ideas?
Does your Exim system have 'ident' enabled? If it does and the calling
party
has ident (TCP/113) firewalled off Exim will fire the ident request and
timeout
after around 30 seconds.

To avoid this delay, either:

a) disable ident in Exim alltogether by setting:

    rfc1413_query_timeout = 0

b) have the hosts either run an ident server that is reachable, or remove
the
firewall from TCP/113 such that Exim calls out and gets back a connection
refused (ICMP port unreachable) so that the ident request is handled without
the delay

... just an idea...

Mike