Re: [exim] zone_data expansion oddity

Author: Derek Buttineau
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] zone_data expansion oddity
On 2007-Mar-08, at 5:28 AM, Philip Hazel wrote:

> Oh sure, sorry, I had missed that we were talking about manualroute.

I guess my confusion is with the expansion on manualroute, I would
think that given:

domainname.com/mx:backup.server.com

That the expansion should put the second manual route entry below the
lowest preference option returned by DNS. i.e. so you'd have
something like:

10 mail.domainname.com
20 mail2.domainname.com
30 backup.server.com

Instead, manulroute appears to be believing that it has a higher
preference than the lowest preference returned from DNS? At least
when the local host is removed from the list, everything other than
the highest preference MX in the entry before it gets removed. So
basically when it removes backup.server.com it also removes
mail2.domainname.com from the list. Removing mail2.domainname.com
would make complete sense to me if I had a manualroute entry like:

mail.domainname.com:backup.server.com:mail2.domainname.com

But it doesn't really make sense to me with the way I currently have
it configured.

--
Regards,

Derek Buttineau