Re: [exim] exim + greylisting

Author: Renaud Allard
To: Paulo Andre
CC: exim
Subject: Re: [exim] exim + greylisting

Paulo Andre wrote:
> Renaud Allard wrote:
>> Paulo Andre wrote:
>>
>>> Can someone please suggest a greylisting solution for exim with a
>>> MySQL backend.
>>>

>> I use this one slightly modified:
>> http://www.slett.net/spam-filtering-for-mx/exim-greylisting.html#exim-greylist-mysql
>>
>> It works quite well with multi master MySQL replicas.
>>

> Hi Renaud, I was using this system for quiet sometime and found that as
> the database got bigger, then exim would use all connections to the
> database, break other solutions. I tried increasing max connections and
> it still did not help. I think that the problem would most likely be a
> db issue, and obviously not to do with this list. For this greylisting
> do you delete all the 'old' entries?

To delete old entries, I just added this line in the defined macros:
GREYLIST_CLEAN = DELETE FROM GREYLIST_TABLE WHERE now() > record_expires

And I run it from time to time with:
warn condition = ${lookup mysql{GREYLIST_CLEAN}}

But you could also schedule this in a crontab of course.

You can easily increase the number of allowed connections by just
setting this in your my.cnf: "set-variable = max_connections=2048"