Re: [exim] acl_smtp_quit

Author: Jakob Hirsch
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] acl_smtp_quit
Quoting Ted Cooper:

> I've played around with it a little and it seems (laughably enough),
> that acl_smtp_quit is only called on ... a quit!

Works as designed, I'd say :)

> Is there some way to detect a discon?

There seems to be no "acl_smtp_disconnect", but as Exim detects
disconnects and logs them ("unexpected disconnection while reading SMTP
command ..."), I guess it would not be to hard to do such a thing (one
has only make sure to catch all exit paths). But then you also need a
flag (read: expansion variable) that tells you how the disconnect was
initiated.
Use Bugzilla to file a feature request.

Meanwhile, you could tail and grep the log for such things:
2007-03-06 10:55:50 unexpected disconnection while reading SMTP command
from (localhost) [84.53.219.133]:2207 I=[85.214.25.134]:25

Or (probably cleaner and easier, so I'd prefer that) you could mark all
greylist entries "dirty" in your DB by default, and clean them in your
quit acl.