[exim] Still build failure

Author: djh
To: exim-users
CC:
Subject: [exim] Still build failure

Thanks fro the input. I received two responses to date, but, the problem still occures. I believe it has something to do with the Makefile build logic, but can't be sure.

>Re: exim-4.66 build problem
>
> call_pam.c:30:31: security/pam_appl.h: No such file or directory
> obviously, you're missing /usr/include/security/pam_appl.h, which
> usually comes with the pam devel package.

Yes, but I don't have or want PAM support at this time.

Subject: Re: [exim] Building exim-4.66

>> I have run into the following make problem, regarding the PAM module.
>>
>> I have put in my ../Local/Makefile the following line, in hopes to get past
>> the pam buid problem, but it had no effect.
>> ---------------
>> SUPPORT_PAM=no
>> ----

> Have you ran make configure properly? You should find "/* SUPPORT_PAM not set
>*/" in /usr/src/exim/exim-4.66/build-CYGWIN-i386/config.h
>Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???

The README didn't mention the "make configure" option.

You are correct in "/usr/src/exim/exim-4.66/build-CYGWIN-i386/config.h"
SUPPORT_PAM is turned off, only when SUPPORT_PAM=no is set in ../Local/Makefile.

But, even with SUPPORT_PAM set to no in both the build-CYGWIN-i386/config.h and in Local/Makefile, the problem still occurs.

I did a "make distclean" and then "make configure" and then "make Makefile"
and then make....

and the same problem comes up.

Any good ideas about how I can track this?

Thanks.