Re: [exim] Nhash and Imap

Author: Torsten Bär
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Nhash and Imap
Hi John,

so you "patched" your imapd with the exim nhash code?
Is there no other way to get the imapd to deal with the nhash (builtin)?

I read the dovecot imapd documentation and I found this:
"%H - take a 32bit hash of the variable and return it as hex. You can
also limit the hash value. For example %256Hu gives values 0..ff. You
might want padding also, so %2.256Hu gives 00..ff. This can be useful
for example in dividing users automatically to multiple partitions. Note
that if you're hashing usernames being in user@domain form, you probably
want to reverse the string to get better hash value variety, eg. %3RHu."

I have to test that.
Because of "locked directories" I was wondering that it is so hard to
find anything about hashing maildirs in the internet.

If you have time please send me your C code, maybe this is the only way
to do this hashing.

Thanks
Torsten