Re: [exim] Simple(?) greylisting with exim?

Author: snowcrash+exim-users
To: Timo Neuvonen
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Simple(?) greylisting with exim?
> > http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Spam-Filtering-for-MX/exim-greylisting.html
> >
> I saw this, and I got scared with the daemon tarball having about 40 files.
> But maybe I should have a further look. Just hope it would port easily
> into RH-based Fedora; it looks to be packaged for Debian now.

i'm "porting" it to osx, atm (eventually to RH as well, i s'pose).

there're really nothing of any particular note "in there", afaict,

ls -R
    .:
    config/  debian/  doc/  program/

    ./config:
    config  whitelist-hosts

    ./debian:
    README.Debian  control    init      postinst  pyversions  templates
    changelog      copyright  install   postrm    rules
    compat         dirs       manpages  preinst   scratch/
    config         examples   po/       pycompat  substvars

    ./debian/po:
    POTFILES.in  cs.po  fr.po  ja.po  nb.po  templates.pot  vi.po

    ./debian/scratch:
    postinst.py

    ./doc:
    examples/  man1/  man8/

    ./doc/examples:
    exim4-acl-example.txt  whitelist-hosts

    ./doc/man1:
    greylist.1

    ./doc/man8:
    greylistd-setup-exim4.8  greylistd.8

    ./program:
    greylist  greylistd  greylistd-setup-exim4

really, all you "need" is the config file, and program/greylistd.

of what i've seen, it's -- on the surface -- the 'simplest'.

we'll see once/if its running!