Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors

Author: Jakob Hirsch
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors
Quoting Chris Lightfoot:

> Yes, it would be nice if a 5xx message could always be
> taken to mean ``there is no point in retrying
> automatically'', but that's not a description of the world
> as it currently is.

True, but what do you thing Exim should do about it?
Treat 5xx always as temporary? I doubt that's what you want.
Treat 5xx as temporary whenever the word "quota" appears in the reply
text? This is feasible, but do we really want to start interpreting
reply texts which are explicitely intended to be read by humans (and do
not necessarily contain useful information)? I doubt that, too.