Re: [exim] Why is this list so abusive?

Author: Jakob Hirsch
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Why is this list so abusive?
Quoting Marc Sherman:

> I'd particularly enjoy it if we could all start addressing each other
> by our last names. I'm pretty sure that Mr. Haber would agree with me

Cool idea! In future, I'd like to be referred to as Mr. White. If that's
taken, Mr. Pink would also be ok.

Anyway, I don't know why this topic coming up again and again. Anybody
wanting to start an exim-cuddle list is free to do so. If there's a
somewhat sane concept behind it, it will probably get a link on the exim
site. Until then, anybody posting here has to accept the replies or get
help from somewhere else. And I really don't think the tone is rude here
(there are always exceptions, of course). But then again, I've been
accused of arrogance and rudeness, so my perception may be biased.

Ok, politeness may not be big word here, but that's also a matter of
effectiveness. Better help three people with a one-line answer than one
with a three line answer. At least the two people that would not get
help would agree. Otherwise, they should write that they want only
polite and well-written replies.
If some consultancy differs about that, I'm sure one can easily find
excellent postings on this list proving their wrongness.

If somebody cares so much about people getting "rude" replies, why
doesn't he care about the people having to pick the few really good
messages between all the stuff already answered in the spec, the FAQ,
the Wiki and multiple times in the list archive. Are the former people
of greater value for the exim community than the latter?

I really have an itch to start ranting about how crappy this political
correctness and social awareness (p.c. was probably not p.c. enough) is
or how I was LMAO (bad word alarm!) about the "wings on my back" message
, but it's late and this is even more far from on-topic, so I'll try to
stop feeding to this topic now.