Re: [exim] Why is this list so abusive?

Author: Herb Martin
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Why is this list so abusive?
> Dave Lugo wrote:
> >
> > I do appreciate that you do give back, but honestly Marc,
> > (and I don't say this to be mean), I seem to get the impression
> > you feel entitled to people on this list helping you with
> > your problems. Perhaps that impression you give is why folks
> > get a bit upset?
>
> Personally, Mr. Lugo, I think this list could stand a bit of
> formality.
> I'd particularly enjoy it if we could all start addressing each other
> by our last names. I'm pretty sure that Mr. Haber would agree with me
> on that one.

Actually I figure when someone starts addressing
me as "Mr." they are about to insult me but wish
to pretend civility while doing so.

I have certainly asked my fair share of questions
on this list, many of them handled by the FAQ or
the docs eventually, and cannot recall EVER receiving
an abusive answer.

I don't believe that I have ever been told to RTFM
without being given the chapter or keywords with
which to search. (And I an sure that I have never
been told literally to RTFM in a rude manner.)

For that matter, as long as a reference, chapter,
or other way to find the info is offered, RTFM is
perfectly fine when answering me.

This list is NOT abusive -- there may occasionally
be an idiot poster, or an idiotic post, but those
are trivial to ignore: DELETE

And there are plenty of kind people to actually
answer questions and offer help.

--
Herb Martin