Re: [exim] Exim is listening on port 80

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim is listening on port 80
On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 08:21:27 +0200, Olivier Bonvalet
<olivier.bonvalet@???> wrote:
>I have a problem : one exim is listening on port 80, so Apache can't
>restart. I really don't know why it do this, but it is not the first time...

Known issue. Apache with mod_php sends e-mail, forks and execs an
exim. The exim process inherits all open file descriptors including
the listening socket on port 80. exim cannot deliver the message right
away for some reason, apache dies in the mean time.

Frankly, I don't see what the Debian exim4 packages could do to remedy
this.

Greetings
Marc