Re: [exim-dev] Running .forward files at verification time

Author: Matthew Byng-Maddick
To: exim-dev
CC: jdamery, ijackson
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Running .forward files at verification time
On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 02:58:16PM +0100, Tony Finch wrote:
> (3) A redirect router which has verify_only and check_local_user is a
> configuration error at the moment - it cannot work, because Exim cannot
> switch to the local user at verification time to run the router. I suggest
> that in this situation, Exim should omit the switch-to-user effects of
> check_local_user, and probably also automatically turn on
> forbid_filter_all and ignore_forbidden_expansions.

This certainly seems to me to be a sensible option, and I would have
thought that this would be the closest to the "right" behaviour, and
should probably be included anyway. More so, given that (AIUI) exim
doesn't actually notice the configuration error, and just tries to
setuid and fails at runtime.

Cheers

MBM

--