Re: [exim-dev] Better exiscan integration with SpamAssassin

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Better exiscan integration with SpamAssassin
onsdag 05 april 2006 11:55 skrev Tom Kistner:
> Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> > same result whether messages are passed through Exim calling SA or
> > through spamassassin directly). Let's say that you in some future version
> > could do
> >
> > warn add_header = $spam_headers
>
> I don't trust SA enough to allow it to add a wad of headers in this way.
> :)

Hmmm? You can configure SA, you know... And if that's not enough you can
modify the source code. But on the other hand, you should usually trust
nobody, not even yourself.

> > There is one issue though, and that is that if SA-rewritten headers are
> > to be included, then either you can't use rewrite_header in SA or you'd
> > need a complicated construct in the system filter to remove all headers
> > found in $spam_headers before the new headers could be added.
>
> This was the reason for the more conservative path I chose back then.
>
> Those who want message modification (including the irritating SA header
> spam) could still use SA-Exim or the standard pipe-I/O method.

Again, it can be reduced or turned off.

> Those who preferred not to trust SA mangling their email could use
> $spam_report, $spam_score etc.

But it would be nice if you could have the best of both worlds, wouldn't it?
Full access to SA's diagnostic headers and at the same time one less
configuration file to mess with.

--
Magnus Holmgren