Re: [exim-dev] Better exiscan integration with SpamAssassin

Author: Tom Kistner
To: Magnus Holmgren
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Better exiscan integration with SpamAssassin
Magnus Holmgren wrote:

> same result whether messages are passed through Exim calling SA or through
> spamassassin directly). Let's say that you in some future version could do
>
> warn add_header = $spam_headers

I don't trust SA enough to allow it to add a wad of headers in this way.
:)

> There is one issue though, and that is that if SA-rewritten headers are to be
> included, then either you can't use rewrite_header in SA or you'd need a
> complicated construct in the system filter to remove all headers found in
> $spam_headers before the new headers could be added.

This was the reason for the more conservative path I chose back then.

Those who want message modification (including the irritating SA header
spam) could still use SA-Exim or the standard pipe-I/O method.

Those who preferred not to trust SA mangling their email could use
$spam_report, $spam_score etc.

/tom