Re: [exim] tls compression

Author: David Saez Padros
To: Georg von Zezschwitz
CC: EXIM mailing list
Subject: Re: [exim] tls compression
Hi !!

>> does exim use compression on tls connections ?
>
> It does not "steer" it.
> If you build OpenSSL 0.9.8 with the "zlib"-configure option and link
> Exim with it, you have got compression.
> GnuTLS has no compile time option.
> I wrote a "patch" to enable it by configuration options as well as log
> to exim_mainlog whether compression is used or not, and I am afraid I
> once promised to contribute it.

it would be nice if you have some time to contribute it ;)

> I guess compression is *very* helpful for e.g. mobile / modem users
> (however, no popular MUA does support it - neither Opera nor Thunderbird
> or any other I looked at.)

it could be also interesting between mta's as this could save some
bandwith

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53