Re: [exim] looking for documentation

Author: Jeremiah Foster
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] looking for documentation

> Hello everyone
>
> I just installed the stable version of debian sarge with kernel 2.6.

Debian has specific documentation which perhaps you should read first.
It is called README.Debain and is located here;
/usr/share/doc/exim4-base/README.Debian.gz. You should also read
NEWS.Debian as well.

> I'd like to know where I could find all the documentation available
> for exim

Exim has a number of documentation sources. There is a published book,
there is a web site, and there is a spec file. The spec file under
debian is located here; /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/spec.txt

Web site: http://www.exim.org
Book: http://www.uit.co.uk/exim-book/
Debian documentation wiki: http://wiki.debian.net/?PkgExim4
Mailing list (debian):
Man pages: man update-exim4.conf

> I need to create a multi domain mail server, scalable, multiple
> servers per domain, .....

Please note that the Debian maintainers advise that debian users of
exim4 contact the debian-specific mailing list as opposed to the
general purpose mailing list that you have sent mail to.

> Thanks in advance for your answers

My advice as a new exim4 / debian user myself is to read the
documentation first. Then read the documentation. (There is a lot of
it.) Read the documentation, or some people might point out that you
have not read the documentation.

There are a couple of wikis out there as well which are fairly new.
Then the Debian-administration.org web site has a couple of good
how-tos for debian.

Jeremiah Foster

Jeremiah Foster

http://www.devmodul.com