Re: [exim] rewriting headers (add and remove)

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] rewriting headers (add and remove)
On 22 Jun 2005 at 11:28, Michael Johnson wrote about
    "Re: [exim] rewriting headers (add a":

| D'oh!  It looks like I did add something.  In 4.43, it was simply the
| last entry in the routers section.  The entire routers section is:
|
| begin routers
|
| dnslookup:
|    driver = dnslookup

| mysql_sys_aliases:
|    driver = redirect

| mysql_aliases:
|    driver = redirect

|    vacation_director:
|            driver = accept

| mysql_user:
|    driver = accept

|    mysql_catchall:
|    driver = redirect

| headers_add     = ${if match {$header_list-post:} {\<mailto:(.*)\>} \

| headers_remove = ${if and { \

| The only difference I can see between the 4.43 router section and
| this one is the addition of the vacation section.

You didn't add mysql_catchall?

| How did adding the
| vacation section change the behavior of the headers_add
| headers_remove sections?

I'm not sure what you mean by calling headers_add and headers_remove
"sections". They are *options* of the router in which they appear -
in this case the mysql_catchall router - and they only affect
messages accepted by that router.

Since the vacation_director router is "unseen", it shouldn't have any
effect on which messages reach the mysql_catchall router. I suspect
the problem is that the messages you are testing with are accepted by
the mysql_user router, so they don't reach the mysql_catchall router.

Use -bt to test which router processes a recipient who is
unexpectedly not seeing the the headers adjusted.

- Fred