Re: [exim] Not rejecting mail to postmaster in DATA acl?

Author: Alan J. Flavell
To: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [exim] Not rejecting mail to postmaster in DATA acl?
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Marc Sherman wrote:

> but according to the docs, recipients is only valid in the RCPT acl,
> not the DATA acl.
>
> Any suggestions?

Yes, at the RCPT ACL stage we set a flag in an acl_mN variable if
spam-rejection is to be disabled; then at DATA time we test the flag.

Conditional on the flag setting, you can either bypass spamrating
altogether and deliver the item; or you can do the spamrating (so as
to include the SA report into the mail) but then bypass the actual
rejection.

One way of handling items which have multiple recipients, some of
which want to receive spam (such as postmaster or abuse) and some
don't, is discussed e.g here

http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20031006/061151.html