[exim] Exim help for a qmail guy...

Author: Jaye Mathisen
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Exim help for a qmail guy...

I used to maintain a pile of qmail servers and such, and have recently
switched to exim (or rather, been forced to admin a machine with exim).
(From cpanel, if tha tmatters).

And while I don't mind learning something new, crunchtime is upon me.

The IP block that I have been assigned apparently was abused by a bunch
of people, and some of the large places have blocked it.

I have another mail server at another location, so I just want
all outbound SMTP mail (or by domain, I don't care) to just be forwarded
to my other mail server, and let it do the delivery.

No muss, no fuss.

I have no idea how. Conceptually, exim is so differently configured that I'm still
wrapping my brain around how it all works I have't touched anything like
it in years. But time is pressing while I get customers served, and they can't send
mail to some sites. So while I do the "get removed from the block list dance", I need
an intermim solution

So in short, I either want it to route to another installation of qmail
on the local machine but listening on a different port, or route
all non-local traffic to a different server.

If somebody could either offer some code fragments and where they go
in the config file I would appreciate it.

I would be willing to pay, if I can find an exim consultant anywhere...

I appreciate your time.