Re: [exim] Heads up?

Author: Alun
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Heads up?
"John Palmer" <nanog@???> said, in message
006401c52fb9$1b090b80$5919d797@JPALMERWINXP:

> No, my MTA is *ATTEMPTING* to send 500 challenges a day, 90-95% of which
> NEVER leave my system because the return address on the spam is bogus! It
> never goes anywhere - GOT THAT? I said this all ready and for people who
> seem to know e-mail systems, you don't seem to bright on that topic.

Sorry I missed that. However...

Of your remaining 5-10% that actually get out of your machine, what
percentage subsequently respond to the challenge?

By your own admission, you're managing to deliver between 25 and 50
challenges per day. Unless you're acquiring a similar number of
new addresses onto your whitelist every day (in which case, you're
more friendly and sociable than you sound), you're inconveniencing
a fairly large number of innocent bystanders.

Alun.

--
Alun Jones                       auj@???
Systems Support,                 (01970) 62 2494