Re: [exim] redirecting root email

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim
Subject: Re: [exim] redirecting root email
On 3/2/2005 12:01, "Bill Hacker" <wbh@???> wrote:

> Dunno what Debian puts in a default/etc/aliases, but *BSD has a list of
> 'potential' recipients as long as your arm, webmaster, sales, etc.
> all defaulted to either 'root' or 'postmaster' which is defaulted to root.

And watch out for it when commissioning a new machine, as we failed to do
the other day. Fortunately, the account which receives root's mail here was
intact over the needed period, and we got the mail for an affected user
moved to the proper place soon after he called about not getting mail.

I'm looking toward replacing the system aliases router in our standard
config with a router which gets the information somewhere other than
/etc/aliases, so that we don't trip over this again. Meanwhile, I've
supplied a shortened /etc/aliases file to the person who does the initial
setup of new machines.

--John