Re: [exim-dev] EXPN and :fail:

Author: Philip Hazel
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] EXPN and :fail:
On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, Adam M. Costello wrote:

> I don't understand the reasoning.

I'm afraid I can no longer reproduce the reasoning (if there was any
:-). Let's not try to re-hash the history.

> and I've enabled EXPN, then "EXPN foo" will show "user@domain", but
> "EXPN bar" won't show "reason for failure"? Why would anyone
> want that behavior?

Probably not; but there are other causes of failure and maybe that was
what was in my mind. By the time it is showing the result of routing,
there is no indication where the message came from. :fail: isn't the
only possible source. But as I said, I can't actually remember.

> (But now I'll shut up about this until I care enough to write a patch.)

:-)