[exim] proxy smtps to smtp with auth

Author: Gabi Popescu
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] proxy smtps to smtp with auth
Hello,

Can somebody help me in the following scenario:

[smtps client]------->[smtpds-proxy-smtp]----->[Firewall]---->[bridgeing-antivirus]-------->[smtpd-with-auth]

I need to set-up an exim smtp proxy, listening on smtp with tls and forwarding to a real postfix mx via smtp.
This is because between the smtp proxy and the real mx I have an antivirus in bridging mode that is not able to look into the encripted traffic. On the real mx I use sasl in order to permit the relaying for the accepted clients. The proxy is located outside the enterprise firewall to eliminate the possible attacks due to the ssl vulnerabilities themselves.
What I need is the proxy to forward the AUTH from the real mx to the smtps client, and to not try itself to verify the permission for relaying, since the only destination it can have is the real mx.
Please provide detailed configuration and explanations.

Thank you in advance.
Gabriel POPESCU
System Engineer
IGCTI Romania