Re: [exim] SMTP forwards with EXIM

Author: Andrew Osborn
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SMTP forwards with EXIM
Ok. First.
webserv1:~# /usr/sbin/exim -bV
Exim version 3.35 #1 built 11-Jan-2005 21:18:34
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2001

That is the output. Looks good.

I created that file you wanted me too (had to change the bash to
/bin/bash but still worked almost).
I get the error:
cat: /usr/sbin/exim.pid: No such file or directory
kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] [pid | job]...
or kill -l [sigspec]

Can't find exim.pid. I don't know where or what exim.pid is. Is the
path to the exim_daemon /usr/sbin/exim? The daemon is the actual file
correct?

The only .pid files I have are:
/var/run/dhclient.pid
/var/run/syslogd.pid
/var/run/klogd.pid
/var/run/inetd.pid
/var/run/lpd.pid
/var/run/sshd.pid
/var/run/atd.pid
/var/run/crond.pid
/var/run/samba/nmbd.pid
/var/run/samba/smbd.pid
/var/backhand/logs/httpd.pid

Which makes me think I installed it incorrectly. But I did the
autoinstall from apt-get, it did everything for me.

I am more of a programmer than a networker/admin. It is my system, but
the install programs does what it wants, I just want the outcome to
work so i can program around it.

My subnet mask is 255.255.255.0. So it wouldn't be 192.168.0.1/16, it
would be /24 correct? Been a long time since subnetting for me.

Thank you for all your help.