RE: [exim] SMTP forwards with EXIM

Author: Rob Stead
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] SMTP forwards with EXIM

Andy,

/usr/sbin/exim looks good. Try testing it using:

    /usr/sbin/exim -bV

It should confirm the version number.

I'm sure 192.168.0.1 will work fine; I just copied my example conf file.

You do need to restart Exim for the config changes to work and to do this
try:

    Create a file called /usr/local/bin/hupexim
    Add this to the above file:
        #!/usr/local/bin/bash
        kill -HUP $(cat /path/to/exim-daemon.pid)
    Then chmod a+x /usr/local/bin/hupexim

Now you only need to type hupexim to restart Exim.

I think you change the SMTP port by editing /etc/services (but I haven't
done this myself).

Hope the above helps.

Rob

Rob Stead