Re: [exim] Local and virtual domains

Author: Jakob Hirsch
To: zbynh@seznam.cz
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Local and virtual domains
zbynh@??? wrote:

> domainlist local_domains = lists.x.cz:luxik.x.cz:/etc/mail/locdom: \
>         mysql;SELECT userid FROM domains WHERE userid='$key';

And how does your table 'domains' look like? A column named 'userid'
does not sound like it contains a domain name, and exim expects to get
back a domain name (like "somedomain.net") from the query.

I use the database-scheme from vmail-sql
(www.ex-parrot.com/~chris/vmail-sql/) with the exim-config updated to Exim4:

domainlist local_domains = mysql;SELECT domain_name FROM domain WHERE
domain_name = '${quote_mysql:$domain}'

(I can also post the routers and transports if you like)

$key is something from the Exim3 age, AFAIK you cannot use it with Exim4
any more.

And you should really use quote_* for any user-given data.