[exim] Re: RPMS

Author: Burnie
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: RPMS
Some time ago, bill-exim@??? (WJCarpenter) wrote:

> >> ftp://ftp.exim.org/pub/rpms-for-exim/redhat-el3-i386-updates/
> nm> The directory is possibly misnamed. The rpms in there are
> nm> standalone - ie in combination they contain a complete exim
>
> As it happened, I went snooping around there recently. Is there a
> README somewhere that says what combination of these RPMs do what? I
> went looking around for that a bit but didn't find anything.

$ rpm -qip ftp://ftp.exim.org/pub/rpms-for-exim/redhat-el3-i386-updates/exim-4.44-0_28.rhel3.i386.rpm
[...]
This package includes all the utilities, but not the main MTA program.
The main MTA program can be selected from one of the exim-base, exim-ldap
exim-perl, exim-mysql or exim-pgsql packages depending on the types of
additional lookup functionality required.
[...]

--
Bernt  'Burnie'  Pettersen  ///  DoD#2345  NAF
<E-mail:burnie@???>     ///  <URL:http://burnie.sh/>