Re: [exim] Exim, MS Exchange, Smartuser

Author: Peter Bowyer
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim, MS Exchange, Smartuser
On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 22:50:17 +0100, Martin Daemen
<daemen.martin@???> wrote:
> hi list,
>
> my setting : exim ( 4.40, 2 ip´s ) acts as a mailrelay to our ms exchange via manualroute. Because of exchange don´t know about smartuser i thought it would be possible to send all undeliverable mails from the exchange server via smarthost ( further FQDN exim listen to ) back to exim and filter with a conditon like ' condition = "${if eq {$interface}{mail2.example.com} {1}{0}}" ' to send this mail via redirect back to an info account on the exchange server.
>
> Any idea´s how to make the condition ?

You could do that, but it would be much much better to get the Exim
server to do recipient verification on the Exchange recipients at SMTP
time. Several recipies exist for this - Wash posted a link to Peter
Savitch's definitive how-to only today.

http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20040816/075152.html

This uses LDAP into the active directory to do recipient verification,
which will enable Exim to refuse bad recipients and avoid the problem
you're having in its entirety.

Peter