Re: [exim] Exim Snapshot - DomainKeys support - Testers want…

Author: Tom Kistner
To: David Woodhouse
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim Snapshot - DomainKeys support - Testers wanted
David Woodhouse wrote:

> The message in question is from the address exim-users-bounces@???.

<dumb user mode>
My MUA says it's from tom@???.[*]
</dumb user mode>

> Yes, it _could_ be forged, because exim.org isn't yet using DK. That's
> no different from the situation with mail from any _other_ non-DK
> address, surely?

You never give up right? :) My definition of "unuseable" with MLMs is
that the MLM nukes my good signature. "Sender:" header or not, the
message could be completely forged and 99% of deployed MUAs will not
bother showing a "Sender:" header to the user.

/tom

[*] I'm not using mutt any more. I gave in 2 years ago :)