Re: [exim] Testing system filter w/ multiple recipients

Author: Michael F. Sprague
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Testing system filter w/ multiple recipients
Bill Hacker <wbh@???> wrote:
> Michael F. Sprague wrote:
> >Hi folks,
> >
> >Is there any way to test a system filter on the command line with multiple
> >recipients? For example:
> >
> >exim -f testuser@??? -bfd example2.com -bfl user -bF
> >system_filter \
> > < test.message
> >
> >works just fine.
> >
> >But I'd like to see how my filter works with I have > 1 recipient. I
> >cannot
> >find anything in the docs or a search of archives about this. Any advice
> >is
> >appreciated.
>
> Have you tried replacing 'test.message' with a directory populated with
> 'many' test message files?
>
> Bill Hacker

No, but would that do the trick? According to the docs, exim will obtain the
envelope recipient is set either by the username of the logged in user (the
default) or via the -bfl/-bfd switches. Are you saying that if a directory
is full of several copies of 'test.message' but each with a different 'To:'
header, exim would see this as several recipients for the same message?

Thanks,.
mikeS

--
Michael Sprague  | mfs@???
Partner          | System and Network Engineering (SaNE), Inc