Re: [exim] exim3: host_auth_accept_relay and rbl_domains

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim3: host_auth_accept_relay and rbl_domains
Adrian Zaugg <adi@???> wrote:
> Adrian Zaugg wrote:
>> To solve the problem, I tried to set
>> rbl_hosts = \
>> ${if eq {$authenticated_sender}{} {$sender_host_address}{}}} : \
>> ! 127.0.0.1/32
>> ...but I couldn't really test, if it is working proberly.
>
> The above line works. I regard my problem as solved. Thanks to magic
> exim...:-)
>
> Peter Bowyer wrote:
> > Then you'll have to accept the consequences of running 3 year old
> > software - when it doesn't do what you want, there's unlikely to be
> > anything you can do about it.
> Despite of the fact of its age, it is still the standard in Debian
> stable. Sometimes it is also not possible to upgrade an existing
> system immediately.

OK, I''m flogging a dead horse here, but I'll make a final comment - your
software is *3 years old*. The maintainer and expert users moved on 3 years
ago, the vast majority of other users moved on soon after. Accordingly, the
amount of help you can expect with it is minimal. As long as it still does
the job for you and it doesn't suffer any security 'issues', then of course
you can continue to use it - but there's not going to be much help around
when you need it. For that reason alone, its worth considering upgrading.

Debian experts regularly post here with instructions on how you can move to
a newer version of Exim with your OS. It isn't hard, nor is it risky.

Peter