RE: [exim] Help with ${run command}

Author: Rick Cooper
To: Marc Perkel, exim
CC:
Subject: RE: [exim] Help with ${run command}

Depends on what the value of $runrc is. If it's anything except 0 then the
output is not returned and $value is not set. If spamprobe fails and you
get -127/255/etc there won't be any output returned and $value is not set.

You could wrap it in a perl script and see what is returned by using
something like

#!/usr/bin/perl
print `/usr/bin/spamprobe $ARGV[1] $ARGV[2]`;
exit 0;

Then call your perl wrapper from exim, and you don't need the extra
{$value}. You could also use a log_write to write the value of $runrc and
see what the return code is. It seems to me that $runrc not being 0 should
not prevent the return of the program's output as many programs use non zero
return codes to mean something other than a plain error.

Rick

believed to be clean.