Re: [exim] Math

Author: David S. Madole
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Math
From: "JAS" <jas2803@???>

> From what I have read, I am gathering exim does not deal with real
> numbers? Is this true. I cannot do a test to see if 1.234>2.432?

If what you have read includes the documentation, you should have no
doubt that it is true.

Quote from the documentation on comparison operators: "optionally signed
decimal integers"

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.40/doc/html/spec_toc.html#TOC129

> if there is a way, could someone point me in the correct direction

There are many ways, depending on the context of your comparision and the
possible range of values being compared.

For the example you gave, "1.234>2.432", you can use "${if
gt{1.234}{2.432}" to compare them as strings; since both numbers have the
name number of digits before the decimal point, the result will be
numerically correct as well as lexically correct.

David

**