Re: [exim] multiple postgres databases

Author: Dennis Skinner
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] multiple postgres databases
Peter Bowyer wrote:
| Roger Keays said:

|>Hi all,
|>
|>Is it possible to configure Exim and the pgsql lookup type to access
|>different
|>databases for different queries? I know you can specify multiple databases
|>in
|>pgsql_servers, but AFAICT this is only for redundancy - not different data
|>sources.
|

| I'm also interested in this functionality. Ideally I'd be able to define a
| number of different MySQL connections (host/login/password/(db)), and
| specify which one to use every time I do a MySQL operation in the config.
| I don't need the connection hunting which the current functionality
| provides.

If it is the same database instance, this is trivial. Just reference
the db when you tell the query which table you want:

select * from db.table

Even if your connection to MySQL specifies a different db, the query
should be redirected to the proper one. Been a while since I've worked
with postgres so I cannot comment there, and I have not tried this in
exim specifically, but I bet it works.

- --
Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator
BlueFrog Internet
http://www.bluefrog.com

"The tendinous part of the mind, so to speak, is more developed in
winter; the fleshy, in summer. I should say winter had given the bone
and sinew to literature, summer the tissues and the blood. - John
Burroughs (1837 - 1921), The Snow-Walkers"