Re: [exim] multiple postgres databases

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] multiple postgres databases
Roger Keays said:
> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to configure Exim and the pgsql lookup type to access
> different
> databases for different queries? I know you can specify multiple databases
> in
> pgsql_servers, but AFAICT this is only for redundancy - not different data
> sources.

I'm also interested in this functionality. Ideally I'd be able to define a
number of different MySQL connections (host/login/password/(db)), and
specify which one to use every time I do a MySQL operation in the config.
I don't need the connection hunting which the current functionality
provides.

Why? In my case, I want to have a replicated read-only db at every MX for
config information which is updated centrally, and also a read/write db on
each MX for collecting stats and feeding [grey|white|black]lists. I'm
planning to use a daemon task for the latter currently and call it with
Exim's ${readsocket, which works but I'd much rather have the
functionality available in Exim.

Peter