[exim] multiple postgres databases

Author: Roger Keays
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] multiple postgres databases
Hi all,

Is it possible to configure Exim and the pgsql lookup type to access different
databases for different queries? I know you can specify multiple databases in
pgsql_servers, but AFAICT this is only for redundancy - not different data
sources.

In my case, I have two databases of email aliases - each for a separate virtual
domain and I'd like to use a different query (and different database) in the
routers for each domain. I'm trying to avoid merging the databases.

>From browsing lookups/pgsql.c I can see that it may be possible to specify both

databases in pgsql_servers, but the first one will always fail for one of the
queries and generate error messages in the log files. I can't see from the code
whether the second database will be tried if the query fails.

Thanks in advance,

Roger

Ninth Avenue Software
http://www.ninthave.net